Friday, October 06, 2006

Still

Maybe I'm screwed up
Or maybe just a bit confused
About what's going on inside me
That I can't seem to muse

Maybe I'm surprised
Or maybe just not used to
But I know this brewing
Has something to do with you

I can't seem to forget you
No matter how I try
And the more I attempt to
The more that I backslide

Sometimes the feeling just hurts so bad
That all I can do is sit and sigh
And when the pain just seems so much
I can't stop myself from starting to cry

I know I can't do anything
To bring back our past
But still I wish that someday
We'll be one in heart at last

Now, I have to forget you
I have to go my way
I know I must move on
And keep the past at bay

But though we part our ways
and sorely say goodbye
I will and love you still
If I must keep it belied

by Rachelle Arlin Credo

2 comments:

Frank Vehafric said...

Rachel, each one of your poems has a very different feel to them. Almost like you are writing with a different voice for each mood.

Rachelle said...

thanks for taking notice..yes, i'm trying to give each one a different flavor because i believe a poet can advance his/her skills better if he/she goes out of his/her way to explore other creative avenues (a.k.a breaking out of the comfort zone). This poem was actually written during my highschool years but I only got the nerve to show it around now.. :D