Thursday, November 02, 2006

Broken

by Rachelle Arlin Credo

Dreamlike silence shrouds my sullen world
With loneliness keeping me company
A feeling of dejection creeps inside me
As a moment of mourning shares the tearful reality

I find myself in solitude
in the vast expanse of immense emptiness
Queries overflowing, wailing and wondering
for things still left unspoken

All the things turn out to be
bleary, bleak and dreary
As tears trickle tenderly
Knowing failure has come my way

http://zyphe.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachelle: This is a very powerful poem, and your word choices are effective. As a statement of the current position of humanity I feel it speaks to the great divide of opportunity that exists in our world. We should leave more hope for our children.
:)Kurt Kristensen
Poetspeak Editor